"Showing Their Scales" and "The Hockey Farmer"

We are pleased to introduce the works of local B.C. authors KP Wee and Farhan Devji to you:

"Showing Their Scales" contains three tales of lies, lust, and deception. These are short novels which deal with betrayal and revenge, with three main male characters and how they end up hurting the women in their lives.
**Catch an episode of BlogTalkRadio
here with KP's interview on his books, recorded Dec 29, 2008.**

"The Hockey Farmer" is a story about Logan Watt, who hails from Cochrane, Alberta, and has to decide whether to rehabilitate the legendary family farm or pursue an unlikely career in professional hockey. The story also shifts to Vancouver and contains numerous Vancouver Canucks references.

Help support a pair of B.C. authors by picking up your own copies today!
-- "The Hockey Farmer" can be purchased
here,
while "Showing Their Scales" can be bought
here. --

The Hockey Farmer / Showing Their Scales

The Hockey Farmer / Showing Their Scales

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vindication!

Trout will no doubt slam me for this, but I say it's vindication time.

Yesterday I came across a link in which the second anonymous poster shared some crummy experience with some well-known bookstores (see Random Thoughts IV).

To me, that story was a classic, only because it shows that someone out there counted his or her chickens before they were hatched.

Reading that just made my day, as last year, I was criticized by many on Bleacher Report because I wrote negative things about people's favourite (and generally overrated/overpaid) athletes or teams. People called me names, wrote offensive comments, and generally called me a failure and a loser/wannabe, and whatever derogatory things you could imagine.

I could look up those articles again and post those dumb comments on here, but I couldn't be bothered to do that.

In the end, I'm not any of those things that I was labelled. I've now, with "Replacement Pitcher", had several books published. How can that be a failure?

You could call the second anon poster one, but certainly not me. :-) It cracks me up every single time I think about that person's plight. I certainly feel vindicated. I purposely chose a small publisher--because I want to get published. Others will feel those big, traditional ones are the true big leagues, in which case, I'll point to that aforementioned link again. HAHA!

I mean, I've come across many many negative people throughout my life, and all I can say is, whatever. I could care less what they think. You don't pay my bills, I don't care what you think.

So, this upcoming NHL season and the current NFL campaign, if I want to write any bashing articles on overpaid athletes, I really could care less about negative feedback from any reader.

The only regret I have? I was not able to find a photo of Dennis Eckersley and his finger-pointing/fist-pumping gestures, and had to settle for the Nelson "HAHA" picture above.

Vindication!

No comments:

Brief Resume Highlights

Writing Experience
- Bleacher Report: contribute articles on the Vancouver Canucks, Boston sports, hockey, and baseball at least three times a week (2007-Present); edit sports-related articles from other posters (2008-Present)
- UCL: developed Career Planning curriculum (2007); consulted on for other curricula issues (2005-Present)
- Consumer Research: submitted unsolicited proposals for improvements on company operations (2005)
- B.U.D. College: developed Grammar curriculum consisting of five levels (2004); edited curricula for other courses (2004)
- KGIC: developed Career Planning curriculum proposal for Surrey campus (2004)
Writing Accomplishments
- Named Bleacher Report Bruins Community Leader (2008)