"Showing Their Scales" and "The Hockey Farmer"

We are pleased to introduce the works of local B.C. authors KP Wee and Farhan Devji to you:

"Showing Their Scales" contains three tales of lies, lust, and deception. These are short novels which deal with betrayal and revenge, with three main male characters and how they end up hurting the women in their lives.
**Catch an episode of BlogTalkRadio
here with KP's interview on his books, recorded Dec 29, 2008.**

"The Hockey Farmer" is a story about Logan Watt, who hails from Cochrane, Alberta, and has to decide whether to rehabilitate the legendary family farm or pursue an unlikely career in professional hockey. The story also shifts to Vancouver and contains numerous Vancouver Canucks references.

Help support a pair of B.C. authors by picking up your own copies today!
-- "The Hockey Farmer" can be purchased
here,
while "Showing Their Scales" can be bought
here. --

The Hockey Farmer / Showing Their Scales

The Hockey Farmer / Showing Their Scales

Monday, November 24, 2008

Gala: Show Time! (Part 3)

Saturday was time for the Gala, and there were dance performances from the local kids - nope, I didn't take pictures of them... (kinda creepy, I think, for me to post pictures on here when I don't know them and I don't want to just post random people's pics on the Internet... who knows what psychos out there might get them?)

Sandra K., one of the authors, got the big prize: a surprise song-and-dance performance dedicated to her title, "Numbers with Attitude." THAT was huge. However, I didn't get any such stuff for "Rainbow Trout" but oh well. Would have been cool. In fact, I hadn't known Sandra K. would be in attendance, otherwise I would have brought my copy of "There are no Lighthouses in Kentucky" for her to autograph it.

Got a chance to chat with Donald Mills as well as a few others at our table, a little bit of dancing and mingling, so it was a fun event. Well planned and a good turnout!

The book signing for Sunday had to be postponed because the Wal-Mart store - where I would be doing the signing - hadn't received their shipment of my books (there were 50 being ordered). Thus, the CPH CEO offered to pay for my transportation once they books are in so I could take part in the signing, which is fine. I ended up not leaving early on Sunday afternoon, taking the opportunity for picture-taking; I checked out the museum, glass museum, and the Tacoma Dome - but alas, my battery died before I got a decent picture of the Dome.

All in all, a fun weekend and great hospitality from the CPH staff. Wasn't too bummed out about the missed signing - after all, as one wise man said recently (and you know who you are), "Don't get caught up in always striving for the next level of success, enjoy the success you're achieving now!"

Congratulations to Cliff! He got on a website talking about the Detroit Lions! Way to go!

3 comments:

CRCPAN said...

Well well well... there we go again. The photographer here must be teasing me. Yes, that's my Mtn Dew that was caught on camera. Geez - first, an author picture with the bag of chips. Now, a picture of me with a soft drink. Same old, same old...

Unknown said...

Hey KP!

Looks like you had a great time at the Gala. Wish I could have made it. Next year, for sure! Take care.

4walls said...

Kp, please use the tux photo for your next book. thx.

Brief Resume Highlights

Writing Experience
- Bleacher Report: contribute articles on the Vancouver Canucks, Boston sports, hockey, and baseball at least three times a week (2007-Present); edit sports-related articles from other posters (2008-Present)
- UCL: developed Career Planning curriculum (2007); consulted on for other curricula issues (2005-Present)
- Consumer Research: submitted unsolicited proposals for improvements on company operations (2005)
- B.U.D. College: developed Grammar curriculum consisting of five levels (2004); edited curricula for other courses (2004)
- KGIC: developed Career Planning curriculum proposal for Surrey campus (2004)
Writing Accomplishments
- Named Bleacher Report Bruins Community Leader (2008)